Gaggle Partners with ContentKeeper to Create a Solution That Provides K-12 Districts with a Stronger Digital Student Safety Net... BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (August 6, 2019) – Gaggle, the leader in helping K-12 districts manage student safety on school-provided technology,...
ContentKeeper Secure Internet Gateway Customers Protected Against Bad Rabbit Ransomware October 26, 2017 | David Wigley Winter is Coming - A new ransomware variant is currently spreading across Europe. The Bad Rabbit ransomware has infected many public infrastructure...
TeleMate.Net Software Announces New Digital Citizenship Feature Set for NetSpective WebFilter Version 5.4
TeleMate.Net Software feels it is important to address customer recommendations and market trends promptly. NetSpective Version 5.4 introduces our first collaborated feature with Grom Social Enterprises providing socially responsible web media content to children in...
TeleMate.Net Software is providing a release update to all NetSpective WebFilter systems version 5.0 and greater to address changes in Google’s Chrome Web Browser. This update, Version 5.2.18 is ready to be applied to your systems now by accessing the NetSpective...
- Districts Feel the Need for Speed (and Bandwidth)
- Cyber bullying statistics from the i-SAFE foundation
- Google wants everything on the web to be encrypted
- School districts have made progress on their education networks but still have work to do..
- Nearly a quarter of school districts aren’t even close to meeting the FCC’s short-term broadband connectivity goal of 100 megabits per 1,000 students.
- School districts are under increased pressure from digital learning environments that put stress on networks.
credit article “Districts Feel the Need for Speed and bandwidth”, David Hutchins, EdTech Magazine, Aprl 1, 2015, http://www.edtechmagazine.com/k12/article/2016/04/districts-feel-need-speed-and-bandwidth
- More than 1 in 3 young people have experienced cyberthreats online.
- Over 25 percent of adolescents and teens have been bullied repeatedly through their cell phones or the Internet.
- Well over half of young people do not tell their parents when cyber bullying occurs.
- Google believes everything online should all be encrypted, and all sites should be served over HTTPS.
- HTTPS ensures that the user is really connecting to the proper site and not an fake one.
- Webfilters will eventually need to properly and effectively perform selective decryption of all internet traffic